NetGear is one of the best wireless routers available in the market. It is an innovator product and gamers, programmers and developers appreciate it for its super-fast wireless connectivity and tremendous speed. It is affordable and has a wide range of models as well. However, it is not flawless. Like every device, it also faces some issues, and NetGear Router error 651 is one of them.
This hitch occurs when the modem reports an alert and the WiFi connection ceases temporarily. Though there are feasible solutions, it is better to know about the origin of the issue to protect the device from future invasions.
In the article, we will teach you how to fix NetGear Router error code 651 with useful techniques. We will also provide our tech support details in case you need it.
Often, it’s really frustrating to Fix Netgear Router Error Code 651, for users at the right time. Error Code 651 certainly ranks as one of the more common issues of the Netgear Router Error Codes. Many numbers of users come across this type of error when they try to establish an internet connection using PPPoE connections. It’s really important to solve Error Code 651 before anything wrong happens with your Netgear Router. So, if you are facing the same Error Code 651: The modem (or the other connecting device) has reported an error and usually the message will be titled as “Connection failed with error 651”. Then understanding the reasons for the Error Code 651 is required for you, and what steps you should take to resolve the issue can have you back on track or accessing the Internet connection service with your newly Netgear Router is crucial for you. This error occurs due to various reasons such as when the Raspppoe.sys file has been saved in the wrong location, Registry errors, IP address conflict, and so on. Well, here the below mention blog solutions will guide you in the appropriate way to solve the issue easily, or you can connect to Netgear Router Support Number for resolving this issue with easy online help by proficient professionals.
Know About The NetGear Router Error 651
NetGear Router error 651 usually occurs due to a faulty network connection. This complication usually happens when-
- The modem or other connecting services report an error
- Wrong registry files affect the function of the router
- Miniature drive port files ‘Raspppoe. Sys’ are mediators that connect the hardware to the device. If those files are saved in the wrong place, such error will appear.
- If you are using the wrong IP address for the site, then this problem will come up.
Solutions to Fix Netgear Router Error Code 651:-
Solution 1:-Reconnect Your Router or Other Connecting Device
This is the most basic troubleshooting step, and everyone can simply solve this error by just reconnecting the internet connecting device. So if you are using a router then simply turn off your router and after 5 minutes, turn it on or if you are using LAN connection then unplug the wire and plug it back.
Solution 2:-Reset TCP/IP On Your PC.
You should try resetting the Windows networking stack can solve error 651 and luckily windows 8/7/Vista comes with a built-in tool you can use.
Follow the below steps to do this thing:-
- First, launch a command prompt with the administrative right.
- Then copy the command “netsh int ip reset reset.log ”.
- Then press “Enter” key.
- Restart your computer.
After this step, sure your issue is fixed. If not, then go to the next method.
Related Blog: How To Fix Netgear Error Code 10 On Windows 7?
Solution 3:- Recreating Dial-Up Connection
Might be your internet connecting device get hanged during the connection. So the best solution to fix the issue is to recreate your dial-up connection. Then simply right click your “Dial-Up” or “Broad band connection” and then choose “create a copy” and then delete your existing connection.
Follow these steps to do this task:-
- Open “Network & Sharing Center” and click on “Change Adapter Setting”.
- Next, right click your broadband or dial-up connection and select “Create Copy” option.
- Next, it will create a copy of your existing connection.
- Now simply delete your old connection and redial the new connection
Follow the steps to boot the computer in safe mode with networking:-
- Restart your computer if it is powered on.
- Then hit “F8” key after your computer initially powers on.
- Once you see the “Advanced Boot Options” menu you can stop tapping.
- Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
- Choose “Safe Mode” with Networking and press “Enter” key.
- Wait for some time, while drivers loading.
- Then you will see a Welcome Screen.
- Next, login to your computer using an account with “Administrator privileges”.
If this step fails then try to Disabling Firewall/Security Software if any.
Solution 5:- Perform Clean Boot
- Go to start and search for “msconfig.exe”.
- Click it to launch windows configuration.
- Now under general tab click on “Selective startup: and select Load startup items.
- Now switch to “Services” tab and check “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- After that, you just need to click on “Disable” all to disable all other services.
- Now simply just restart your PC to perform a clean boot.
Contact Netgear Customer Support Number For Assistance
We are working 24/7 hours at Router Support Number +1(855)419-0919 for instant solutions. Who are always ready to spread their hands to its customers and help them out. Study every issue and get these problems to resolve completely at your desk. Place a call at our end and get the most accepted solution