Error code 18005 is a common problem for almost all TP-link router users. This error notification mainly appears in your system because of Windows corrupted system files. Otherwise, the problem might also occur due to the outdated firmware version in the system or might be because of the hardware issue with the TP-link devices. When TP-Link Error Code 18005 appears, it interrupts you from proper using of the TP-link device and hampers your work. If you are dealing with this kind of issue while working with your TP-link devices and looking for solutions, then you must go through this article.
Know How to Fix TP-Link Error Code 18005 Easily with Simple Steps:
Here’s how to fix TP-Link error code 18005 with some easy fixes. In this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to fix the problem with error code 18005. Follow the steps listed below and fix the problem oh your own.
Fix 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the Firmware
As we have mentioned that the problem might occur due to the installation of the wrong firmware. So, you should uninstall the previous one, and then reinstall the updated version of the firmware. If you need to uninstall and reinstall the firmware, then the following steps will help you to do that.
- At first, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, look for an updated version of the firmware.
- Thereafter, download the firmware in your computer.
- After that, double click on the firmware icon and choose a location where you want to install the firmware.
- Then, click on the OK button. After installing the newer version of the firmware, the earlier version will not exist in the system.
Fix 2: Run Windows System File Checker
You can get rid of the problem while using the System File Checker or performing the SFC scan in your computer. The steps which are mentioned in the following part of the article will help you to run the System File Checker in your Windows operating system. Go through the steps.
- At first, turn on your computer and press the Windows logo key from your keyboard. This will help you to open the Start menu in your system. Otherwise, you can move your cursor to the bottom of the left side of your computer screen and click on the Start button.
- After that, write down command prompt or cmd in the search bar.
- Then, a list of the menu will appear on your screen. After that, right-click on the Command prompt option from the appearing list of results.
- Thereafter, click on the Run as Administrator option and enter your provided password. Then, type SFC /scannow in the Command Prompt window and hit the Enter button.
- Now, wait for a few minutes to complete the procedure and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Related Blog: How to Fix TP-Link Router Error Code 20?
If you fail to perform the above methods, then you should try this alternative method while using the Windows installation disc. It will help you to fix your problem with error code 18005. So, let’s move on to the steps which are next to you.
- At first, insert a Windows installation disk in the system and restart your computer.
- After that, press any of the keys from your keyboard to boot up your system.
- Then, select the keyboard layout, time and language in your computer.
- Thereafter, click on the Next button and select the Repair your computer option.
- At the next step, click on the Troubleshoot option and choose the Advanced options.
- Now, click on the Command Prompt and write down
SFC /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
- Then, hit the Enter button from your keyboard and verify your system to check if the problem is resolved or not.
Router Support Number +1(855)419-0919 Is Available 24×7 to Online Support
Call TP-Link experts who are available at Router Support Number +1(855)419-0919 to fix your problems at much faster rates. We are available 24*7 hours a day to assist users in resolving a wide number of complex TP-Link issues with suitable solutions.