A firmware update comes up with instructions to help users enhance its performance. Here the blog will teach you how to Update Belkin Router Firmware in simple steps. Well, here we will discuss the method based on web page set-up mode but before we start this, to ensure that the computer has a strong connection to the router via Ethernet cable. Let us see what steps are there to go ahead with the process and update the above.
A Fix Belkin Router’s Firmware Update Failure contains improvements to the performance of your Belkin router and could also resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have. In this article, we will discuss how Fix Belkin Router’s Firmware Update Failure.
Important thing to Remember:
- Connect your computer to the router using an ethernet cable for a stable connection to prevent update failures. Upgrading through Wi-Fi may cause issues due to an unstable connection.
- Consider backing up your router’s settings before updating the firmware. To seek how to do this on your Belkin router, click here.
Steps to update the Belkin router’s firmware are
Step 1: Check for its version
The first step to update the Belkin router’s firmware is to check whether it is working on the latest version or not?
Step 2: Download the firmware
Before we update the firmware, simply have a check on its version and save the updated firmware file to your computer. If you encounter issues during this step then, clear the cache of your browser. Now, start to upgrade it through a web-based setup page mode:
- The first step here is to access your web-based setup page and this is done by just opening any of your web browsers. Navigate to the address bar and enter the router’s local IP address.
- As per as Belkin Services technical team, try to log in at the top-right corner of your page.
- Enter the router’s Password or if you do not have, leave this field blank. Tap “Submit” icon. Go to the “Utilities” section which is there in the left navigation panel to click on “Firmware Update”.
- Tap “ browser” icon and search for the file that you have saved earlier
- Select the firmware file and tap “Open” icon to choose “Update”
- Users now will come across a prompt message and they need to continue with the upgrade process. Click OK. This prompt message will advise users not to turn off until the upgrade message will appear. Click OK. It will then update the firmware
- Users will come across a message of several seconds and here they have to click on the “OK” button.
Related Blog: How to Resolve Belkin Error Code 10?
Belkin Customer Service Number +1(855)419-0919 For Quick Help
If you have any query regarding fixing of Belkin Router’s Firmware Update Failure then you may contact on the Router Customer Service Number +1(855)419-0919 any time to remove your query.